Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How I Met Love, Sunrise Sunset, Part 3

Our dinner reservation was coming up so we ran back to our car, feeling light and giddy. It only took a few minutes to arrive at the restaurant and when we saw how crowded the parking lot was, we were glad we had made reservations! We pulled up to the valet and two men dressed in sports coats opened each of our doors. One helped me out, taking my hand, then opened the door to the restaurant for me. I waited for Shanam and we entered the foyer together.
My immediate reaction was amazement! The house had been dramatically renovated and looked like a classy restaurant that you would find in New York City. But what amazed me the most, was the the entire back wall was made out of glass! The property sat right on the bay and I could see that there were tables all along the open back porch and wooden dock. There was even a small boat tied up right out back that I later learned was from a neighboring house. A couple had driven a boat instead of a car to dinner!

"Did you get us a table by the water? Oh, I hope so! Look how beautiful it is out there." I said, pointing, hugging his arm. Shanam just turned to me and smiled. Outside, the day was turning to dusk and the moon was slightly peaking through the trees in the distance. The dark blue water was calm and serene and birds from the island sanctuary close by provided the music.
Our hostess walked us toward the back windows, out the back doors and to our own small table on the dock. I literally felt like I was in a dream! I sat down and looked around me, trying to take it all in, but my eyes wouldn't focus. The small twinkle lights covering the trees looked like tiny balls of light and everything had a soft hue around it, even Shanam. I had no words to describe what I was feeling. All I knew was that I didn't want to wake up!
Our waiters brought out warm, fresh bread and a whole bulb of roasted garlic. I could have stopped right there and been completely content, but when my entree of Braised Lamb with button mushrooms, white truffle essence, roma tomatoes, rosemary, and lobster studded potatoes came out, I knew I was in heaven! I had no idea what it had cost, because there were no prices on the menu, but I would have paid anything for just one bite of that meal! I couldn't say much as we ate because I felt so overwhelmed! It was as if my body had overdosed on happiness and I was in a complete daze.
The daze followed me all the way to Shanam's parents house, and I tried to get myself under control so I could present myself properly, but it was no use. The culmination of everything that had happened that day left me comatose! I hoped they were forgiving because I knew the first impression was going to be a little rough. All I remember is saying hello and getting a goodnight kiss from Shanam after he showed me to my room. We must have had some sort of conversation, but I had no recollection of what was said, or how long it lasted!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

BAHAHAHAHHA!!! You don't remember that night well and that is awesome! you were love-drunk ;)

Bethany said...

Love drunk?! Haha! I love it! That's exactly what I was :)