Friday, February 10, 2012

How I Met Love, Play Date, Part 2

What better place to go and feel like a kid again than Walt Disney World! :) I had scored two tickets to the Pirate Princess Party at Magic Kingdom that night and was so excited to take Shanam. The entire park closed at 7:00 pm, but remained open until 2:00 am for the people who had tickets to the party.

"When's the last time you were at Magic Kingdom?" I asked Shanam, once we had showered and changed.

"Oh gosh, like 10 years ago, probably" He answered, having to think about it for a bit.

I tried to sound like the cheesiest announcer I could, "Well, it's you're lucky day! Yoooouuuu're going to Disney World!"

"Awesome! Really?"

"Want to know the best part?! I've got tickets to the Pirate Princess Party. There'll be hardly any lines, so we can ride whatever rides we want, however many times we want to ride them!" I said, knowing that the lines were the worst part about going to the parks. "I've made dinner reservations for 5 o'clock, though, so we've got to go!"

"I don't know how this day could get any better." He said, pulling me in for a kiss.

"It just did." I said as we pulled apart.

We arrived at Tony's Town Square Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom just in time for our reservation. I thought this would be a fun place to dine since the restaurant was inspired by the Italian trattoria where Lady and the Tramp shared spaghetti and a kiss. We, of course, ordered a plate of spaghetti to share along with a delicious appetizer and dessert. I didn't go so far as to make him share a noodle with me, though. :)

The rest of the day was spent acting like kids.


We rode Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 3 times in a row.


Held hands while going around on the Carousel.
He was even a good sport and wore the pirate mickey ears!


Gave each other whiplash on the Speedway.


And made ourselves sick on the Tea Cups.

We rode almost every ride and decided to head home after the firework show.

"Man, no one does fireworks like Disney does fireworks." I said as we walked out of the park. "I will never get tired of watching that show!"

"That's for sure! That was amazing. The whole day was amazing!" Shanam said, squeezing my hand. He pulled me in closer and let go of my hand so he could squeeze his arm around my shoulders, instead.

I wrapped my arm around his waist and leaned my head against him. "I'm so glad you're with me. I always feel so content when I'm with you."

"I feel the same way. What did we ever do without each other?" He said smiling.

"I don't know, but I know I don't ever want to be without you again." I said smiling back.

No comments: