Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How I Met Love, Play Date, Part 1

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I was so glad that Shanam's work schedule was so flexible because that Wednesday (my usual day off) I had a full day of fun planned for us. Things had been stressful for him at work that week and I wanted to give him a day where he could just relax and be carefree. He had no idea what we were doing. The only thing I told him was to bring his swimsuit, a change of clothes, and a playful attitude.

"So, what are we doing?" He asked first thing when he walked in the door. He couldn't stand the anticipation. He had been begging me all week to tell him what I had planned.

I laughed. "I'll tell you, but first you have to sign this waiver." The previous year my friend, Mica, had given me a copy of a "Certificate of the Right to Play" that she had made for her fiance, and I loved the idea. I kept it in my folder of important documents and thought that this was the perfect time to use it :)

*click on the picture to enlarge*
He read over it, chuckling at some of the parts, and took the crayon I offered him. He signed his name while shaking his head.

"You are too funny!" He said.

"I told you to come with a playful attitude." I said as I signed my own name next to his. "This is going to be a day where you forget all your worries and get to be a kid again."

"Sounds good to me! So, what are we doing first? I'm now really intrigued as to what you have planned."

"First, we put on our swimsuits and head over to the Yacht and Beach Club." I said with a mischievous smile. Working at Disney World gave me lots of privileges, one of which was access to any pool at any of the 17 Walt Disney World resorts. The Yacht and Beach Club Resort had the best pool on Disney property and I was so excited to explore it with Shanam. And that was just the beginning! We were going to enjoy and explore as many resort pools as we could fit into our afternoon. We were going pool-hopping!
Three things made the pool at the Yacht and Beach Club the best: the huge pirate ship slide, the whirlpool/lazy river, and the fact that it was a sand bottom pool. So cool! We thoroughly enjoyed all three aspects and also enjoyed the mini waterfall in the corner where we made sure to steal some kisses. :) I loved being close to him and wrapping my legs all the way around him, feeling totally weightless. As he carried me on his back while floating through the lazy river, it felt like we were the only ones in that pool. The splashing kids disappeared and we laughed and giggled like we were the only children having the time of their lives.
After swimming, we treated ourselves to some delicious ice cream cones from a cute little ice cream parlor called Beaches and Cream, picked up our stuff and headed out to our next resort, The Boardwalk. We meandered, hand in hand, across the boardwalk that connected the two resorts, enjoying every lick of our ice cream cones :)

The Boardwalk Resort had a clown slide that was made to look like a carnival roller coaster, but it wasn't very fast. We only stayed for a little while then decided to go over to the Saratoga Springs Resort where they had a better slide. Our last stop was the Old Key West Resort. They have a little-known sauna hidden in one of the lighthouses so that was where we spent most of our time, enjoying the steam and the privacy. :)

"This has been such a fun day. Thank you so much!" Shanam said. As we sat on the wooden slats, he played with my hand, tracing the outline of my fingers. He loved doing this because he knew how sensitive my hands were. I pulled my hand away quickly, shaking it so the pins and needles feeling would go away.

I laughed, "Knock it off! You know how I can't stand that!" He was always teasing me, partly because he didn't understand how it felt and he got a kick out of seeing my reaction. He loved when I played and tickled his hands and arms. "And you're welcome. I'm glad you've had such a fun day. Planning this day is the least I can do after all the awesome dates you've taken me on. But it's not over, yet!"

"There's more?!" He exclaimed.

"Oh, yes. Why do you think I had you bring a change of clothes?" I answered.

I then leaned in for a kiss and smiled.

"There's much more."

No comments: