Friday, July 31, 2009

Little Breath of Fresh Air


Another weekend spent in the mountains of New Mexico! This time with company! Shanam's parents from Utah, our good friend Sam and his fiance came up to enjoy some time together. We rented this cute cabin for the weekend and enjoyed making fires in the fireplace and breathing in the fresh mountain air. Highlight of the weekend? Mountain biking!!! This time, with my own bike and some miles of training back in Andrews, I did a little better :) Besides the fact that I threw up on the side of the trail and almost went into shock, it was great! LOL! It just shows I was pushing myself, and that's good, according to my coach :) Really, though, it wasn't that bad. I made it all the way up the mountain and it was a great feeling of accomplishment! I can't wait to go back and do another trail :) I'm going to get into shape, you just watch me!
***Disclaimer*** My husband is not trying to kill me, so don't worry Bre :) The throwing up and going into shock were two seperate events. I went into shock after I fell from trying to get on my bike (that's a whole nother embarassing story in itself) and I was dumb and didn't eat or drink anything that morning before going out, so my body was really not liking me at all. Shanam is still the sweetest most patient guy I know. :) And I AM going to get into shape!

4 comments:

Bre said...

seriously? Shanam is going to get a beating if he keeps beating up my best friend this way. I'm not ok with this...

Bre said...

still sounds a little sketchy to me... :) j/k you know I love you and shanam. :)

Amy said...

You go girl!!! Did we expect any less from the king of adventure and extreme sports? All part of the deal when you hooked up with Shanam:)

Bethany said...

Tell me about it!