Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cornapalooza!



Shanam and I attended our first ever CORNAPALOOZA!! What is this you ask? Well, obviously it has to do with corn...a lot of corn! At a cornapalooza this is all you eat, but don't you dare forget about the all the fixin's!! According to some, the best way to dress up a cob is by adding the following layers. First comes the butter. Let it melt and ooze all over the cob. Then slather on the mayonnaise. ( I know, I know, sounds pretty interesting!) Now that it's nice and wet, not to mention fattening, start adding the Parmesan cheese, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper. Whew! Now it's ready!! I know I couldn't believe it either!! Any of ya'll ever had it like this? How do you dress your corn? I'm just a plain butter and salt girl myself, but it was fun trying something new :)

2 comments:

jeff and alli said...

Was it good? The mayo sounds scary to me. I like butter and black pepper. I've had it with cilantro butter and that was pretty wonderful too.

I like corn so I imagine Cornapalooza is fantastic.

Erin said...

HAHA! hmmm I'm not sold on the mayo but I'd try it!

I've recently discovered lime juice on corn... its pretty yum too