Thursday, March 29, 2012

How I Met Love, Utah Trip, Part 1

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Unfortunately, we weren't able to get flights to Utah together. I had arrived in Utah the day before and Shanam's plane was due to land that evening. At 8:30 pm, I got a phone call letting me know we were now in the same state, again :)

"I've got some pretty interesting stuff to tell you about." He said, about half way into our phone conversation.

"You do? What about?" I asked, wondering what he possibly had to tell me.

"Do you want me to tell you now, or when I get to your house?"

"Well, you might as well tell me now! You've peaked my curiosity!" I said.

"Okay...it's not really that big of a deal...but it could be..." He began. "While I was waiting for one of my connecting flights, I struck up a conversation with the two guys sitting next to me at the airport. They were flying on business, one was the CEO and the other the CFO of a company based out of Utah. We started talking about what the business was, how it got started and where it was headed. I mainly just asked a bunch of questions. Since I've always been interested in starting my own business, I felt it was a great opportunity to kinda pick their brains. Our discussion continued once we were on the plane. Of course we talked about other stuff, too, but it was mainly about the business. Well, when we parted ways at the airport, the CEO gave me his business card and told me to come by his office tomorrow. I thanked him and told him I would love the opportunity talk to him more. And that's it."

"Wow, pretty cool!" I said. "I've always been impressed with how you can start up a conversation with anybody. So, you're meeting with him tomorrow. That's awesome! He sounds like a great guy to learn from."

"Ya, they were both great guys. I'm excited to meet with them again."

"Well, I'm excited to hear how it goes."

No comments: