Monday, June 28, 2010

It's a GIRL!!

Today was our very first ultrasound and it was, of course, an amazing experience! To be able to actually see our little one was so special and to see how active and healthy she is was so comforting :) I mean, I can always feel how active she is, but to know that she is kicking me with beautiful long legs and punching my bladder with perfect little fists, makes it that much more special :)

She had her hands up by her face throughout the whole ultrasound and looked so content nuzzling right into the side of my uterus. Isn't she just beautiful!
She finally uncovered herself a little bit so we could tell what she was and when the technician pointed to that spot and said, "Do you recognize what that is?" Shanam and I both answered, "um...no, not really." LOL. Like anyone but the tech could really tell! When she told us it was a little girl, we both just looked at each other, squeezed hands, and smiled big. As I looked back at the monitor, tears welled up in my eyes and I could barely see for a little while :) I really wanted it to be a little girl :) And Shanam is happy to have a little princess. But make no mistake...she WILL learn how to throw a ball and she WILL know how to ski! (Shanam's words exactly)
I loved looking at her long gorgeous legs!

And there she is, smiling sweetly, because of course, she is going to be a perfect little angel! Hehe :)

7 comments:

breanna said...

Congratulations!!! I agree...she's beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

So, So beautiful!

Tracy said...

Congrats! A girl will be SO much fun.

jeff and alli said...

Congrats Bethany. It is magical to see our little ones while still inside. And such a blessing to be a mother. I'm glad everything is looking well.

Pat and Anndalyn said...

Those are amazing ultrasound pics! Poor Autrey, He looked like an alien in every one! I remember seeing the ultrasound pics of Camden and feeling this amazing bond with him in an instant. When he arrived (on Annabelle's due date :)) I felt I already new him and the love was even more intense. Babies are miracles. Autrey is my newest gift from God. I feel so spoiled, it's like my birthday everyday! You will be such a great mommy Beth! I love you beautiful! Can't wait to see you again...let's plan something!!

Hannah said...

You will dress and doll her up. I know it! With recycled and earth-friendly clothing, of course. hahaha

The Sorensens said...

Sorry to not comment earlier. We've been moving around some more. A little girl is just perfect for you. She is beautiful! Can't wait to see her sweet face in color. BIG HUG!