Friday, May 29, 2009

Mountain Bike Extravaganza


Shanam LOVES to mountain bike...I've never been. Does this story sound familiar? I have a feeling this is the way our life is going to be :) While camping in Riodoso, our biggest goal was to go mountain biking, obviously we did, cuz you see us smiling holding our bikes. This picture was taken on day one. This is also after having gone on a 5 mile hike earlier that day. (That one was all me...I love hiking.) We start our ride that day on an easy little path going up into the mountains. Not bad, but I could feel every muscle in my body screaming. It was a 2 or 3 mile ride and the best part was coming down :) We decided not to go again til the next day and to get some rest. Next day...I could barely move, my body hurt so bad. Can you tell I need to get in better shape to keep up with this man?! :) He doesn't let me whimp out and we get an early start on our 8 mile, 1350 ft vertical rise bike ride. Notice how there is no day 2 picture. I really did try to put a smile on my face, though. But, I could barely sit down because my bum was so bruised from the hard seat and any little incline set my legs on fire. What was I supposed to do!? Wonderful Shanam wasn't giving up, though. We ended up pushing our bikes up and riding em down. How's that for an introduction to mountain biking :) Moral of the story: Bethany needs to get in better shape, mountain biking really is fun, and Shanam needs to get an award for being the most patient husband alive!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: