Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Dinner

We decided that for Valentine's Day, instead of going out to dinner at a fancy restaurant, we would bring the fancy restaurant...home :) Not only did we get to enjoy a gourmet meal but we enjoyed spending the 3 hours it took us to make it :)

There's my lovely Valentine, doing what he loves doing :)

To begin:
A lovely Spinach Salad with Glazed Pecans (that we harvested and shelled ourselves this last fall) with a sweet and tangy Pomegranate Red Wine Vinaigrette
and
Stuffed Mushrooms as an appetizer
To cleanse the pallet:
Creamy Mango Sorbet
(this is Shanam's specialty)

And now for the main course:
Seared Scallops over Wilted Spinach and Lemon Risotto with a side of Asparagus covered in creamy Bearnaise Sauce
And last but not least,
to add a little sweetness to the night...our dessert:
Dark Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream
(this is my specialty)

That was definitely a meal to remember :)

4 comments:

Erin said...

OOOOOO all that looks Delicous!!! I love spending Valentines day at home with home cooked meals. No crowds, no waiting, and often it all tastes better :P

Emily V. said...

Wow yum! Looks delicious and definitely gourmet!

Hannah said...

HOLY COW!!!! I expect when you come to sample the chocolate mousse. Your meal looks amazing! And I didn't know that you harvest pecans. That is so great! Happy Valentine's day to you ;)

John, Mica, Jackson, Grace, Kai, and Lucy said...

Wow! I'm super impressed! That looks like some delicious food! John teases me for taking pictures of my food, but if you're gonna spend 3 hours making something so perfect, you better record that memory! :) I LOVE all the adventures you've been on! Too bad you moved to Texas, we totally could adventure together! Sounds like you're living life to the fullest, and I wouldn't expect anything different from you! Great job on your collages too- are you using Picassa? :)