Monday, January 4, 2010

Snowshoeing by Moonlight

Isn't this picture absolutely gorgeous!! Shanam did a great job capturing the feel of the evening. It was such a perfect night for snowshoeing! It was so bright that it hurt our eyes at times! We went with a couple good friends to Cloudcroft, NM for New Year's weekend. It was about a 3 mile hike through the woods, with no sound except for the crunching of the snow. So serene and magical! Not to mention romantic :)

Laura and I all set to go! She was so excited!
The first timers, Laura and Matt.

LOL! She had trouble stepping on herself and losing her balance. She was hilarious! You can't tell but she's laughing hysterically on the ground :) What a fun trip!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh my fun! That sounds so fun/romantic! I was in a singles ward that did that as an activity once. You guys are such a fun couple.

Hannah said...

I never knew that there was snow in NM.... That looks so fun! And you are right-- your husband got one incredible shot of the serenity of that evening "stroll"

I met someone else from your mission! Marc... someone or other. He had a weird last name. But he remembers you. I guess that it would be helpful to give you his last name since his first name when you knew him was "elder" but I am not more helpful than that... sorry! hahaha

Erin said...

I'm getting snowshoes!!! I'm so excited! I just went the one time, but am hooked. I can't wait to test out my new shiney shoes! ...

now I just need to find snow :P