Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving in Utah


What a wonderful holiday! Tons of food, time with family, naps, and shopping. Can't get any better then that! We decided to take a little road trip out west, and by little, I mean 16 hours :) We drove through the night and it actually went great!! Aside from almost running out of gas in the middle of nowhere and hitting a deer, we had no problems at all! Lol! I'm not laughing about hitting a deer, though, that was really sad :( We brought a homemade Texas Pecan Pie to share and enjoyed some great homemade pumpkin and apple pie. Gotta love the classics! My dad enjoyed frying up the turkey in peanut oil (poor little turkey) and I enjoyed my favorite childhood salad: butter lettuce, pomegranate seeds, pears, pistachios, and a dressing made with pear juice, rice vinegar, cilantro, and red pepper flakes. Amazing!! Thank you grandma! Shanam got to go skiing on his birthday the next day while I went and got him some lovely discounted sweaters on my Black Friday shopping spree. And the greatest thing about this season...we get to go back in three weeks and do it all again!! This time I think we'll fly :) Enjoy the pictures!




1 comment:

Melissa Grow said...

Yeah, we were in Utah, but at Aspen Grove the entire time (besides Park City and the BYU game of course). We are going back too! We should meet up. We will be driving up the Sunday after Christmas for about a week....