Thursday, August 20, 2009

Questions

After 3 months of marriage, here's the most common question I get asked, "So, how's married life?" And it always begins with 'so', as if the answer is some hidden secret :) I usually respond with something short and sweet, which I'm sure they were expecting (they couldn't possibly think I'd tell them the secret! :) I answer with, "Great!" Or sometimes, "Amazing!" Or other times I get really detailed and I say, "It rocks!" LOL. But, honestly, how could I tell them the full answer? How could I explain the joy I feel when I wake up every morning next to a man who when he realizes I'm up, rolls over and draws me up into his arms to tell me good morning. How could I explain the love I feel as he serves me by doing the dishes after a long day at work and all he wants to do is relax. We eat together, we play together, we drive together, we talk together, we sit in silence together, we pray together, we laugh together, we set goals together. We are together in every sense of the word. There are no words to descibe how wonderful that feels. Man is not meant to be alone. God teaches us that, but it isn't until you enter into that marriage covenant that you finally gain an understanding as to why. And we're only at the beginning of that understanding :) To our single friends, keep becoming the best you you can be, for it will only make that beautiful relationship that much better when it happens! We are so grateful we married each other when we were a little older and knew ourselves a little better. We both agreed that if we had met in high school or college we would have wanted nothing to do with each other! LOL! God's timing is perfect :) It only took one time for our lives to cross, and that one time has turned into eternity :)

4 comments:

The Knappy Crew said...

Beautifully put!!! I couldn't agree more with what you said. It feels great to have that person who is all yours and you are all his. When Dave and I were first married we would wake up look at each other and both of us would say, "I can't believe we are married. This is soooo awesome!!!!" Now instead of just that we add other things like, "I can't believe we are going to have a little girl!!!"
As long as we are growing/going in the same direction we will always be together.
We have a reputation amongst our family and friends of never hanging out with anyone but each other. (It makes people a little ticked) I wouldn't have it any other way. (:

Erin said...

Thanks for this post! esp. the "singles friend" and it being better to have met older part :P It's really inspirational to someone like me who thought she had it all figured out and is now single hoping to really truely find that beautiful relationship!

Tracy said...

That was beautiful and that is what I look forward to. Maybe I should copy your blog post and email it to my boyfriend so he won't worry so much about getting married. I am so glad that you are so happy. You deserve it.

Amy said...

BEA-U-TI-FUL. Inspiring. Can't wait!
Love you!