Friday, March 13, 2009

Say what!!!??



So, remember how in the last post I was just overwhelmed with gratitude? And the one before that shows all the beautiful pictures of our place in Park City? Remember how my life was just falling into place and I was going to live happily ever after? Well.....I'm still going to live happily ever after....only, it's going to be much different then expected. This is a picture of what Shanam and I will be surrounded by for the next two years. The week after our wedding, instead of moving to beautiful, lush, green, exciting Park City we'll be moving to middle-of-nowhere Andrews, Texas. This is a place where you literally have to watch out for the tumbleweeds so they don't scratch your car and where you can see a cow on the horizen one hundred miles away. Shanam and I were joking last night that there could not be any two places so different and extreeme from each other. Our first few years of marriage will be filled with characters that we've only read about in books. He's actually already moved there at the beginning of this week and won't be coming back until the wedding, crazy I know, but it's a great oopportunity for his career and our life will be full of fun adventures, I just know it :) I can't help but look at the positive side :) So, if anyone still wants to come visit, you'll always be welcome!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Sorry, but I couldn't help laughing about this post. I just knew it was too perfect! You guys have had nothing but adventure all along the way, and I think it has made your relationship that much stronger and more exciting :)
And on a happy note, you will have nothing to distract you from eachother during your early married life ;) ha ha! Love you!

John and Tawnya Hoover said...

That is so crazy. Good thing the Lord knows what he is doing. When youre with the one you love nothing can ever be that bad. im so excited for you

Shaun and Jessy Cheney said...

Yay! I am so excited for you!!! Not the living in Texas part, but that you are getting married. whoo hoo. We would love an invitation. our address is
5945 hickory st. #1
carpinteria, ca 93013
congrats1

Jay & Tammi Roberts said...

Hey Bethany,
My new address is 2330 Chaco Trail St George, UT 84770

Ryan and Melissa said...

Wow. That sucks. But that looks pretty much like my backyard and I believe we have 4 tumbleweeds in our yard as I speak (type) and it's not so bad. Good thing you crossed paths when you did, you would never (have never) even lived in the same city! It will work out. Good luck with wedding.. and I have an idea- come visit ME!

jeff and alli said...

I love how you are positive despite whatever life throws you. Reminds me of when our car was stolen and it took you seconds to laugh about it while I was so stressed. :)

I think you will be just fine in TX. I have no idea where that town is, but most people I know from TX, love it.

Amanda said...

Oh no! That is crazy! What an adventure life is! We have found that whatever we think we should do is not the plan in the end :) I've pretty much decided to stop making plans for myself and just let the Lord do it :)

I would love to see you at your shower. Please let me know when it is.

Amanda said...

oh, my address is 225 6th Ave #1, Salt Lake City, UT 84103

Jamie said...

OH MY WORD! That is so crazy and funny and such an adventure for you two! If anyone can shake up Andrews, Texas though, it would be you girly! Love you!

Hannah said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!